Junior Graphic Designer
Start dATE: ASAP
Duration: a minimum of 3 months initially
Salary: from £20,000 - depending on experience
How would you like to join our Design / Animation team here at Preen?
Can you create custom graphics and bespoke illustrations in a variety of different styles?
Are you efficient at using Illustrator and Photoshop?
We are looking for a gifted Junior Graphics Designer/ Illustrator, who can create highly engaging graphics for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and online use.
Preen is a flexible, independent & friendly Post-Production house & film studio in the heart of London. Our Studios combine to be the ultimate in flexible post-production for Broadcast Television, Commercials & Digital Media.
We work with some of the biggest brands in the UK for both commercial and broadcast, including SKY, TikTok, Google, Sage, Amazon, Cadbury and M&S.
As a Preen Designer/Illustrator, you will be responsible for working hand in hand with the Creative, Design, and Edit teams. Aiding in the creation of graphical design assets, Illustrations for the animation team and pitch decks to help win work.
This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You will be an integral part of every stage in the creative process, from conception to delivery.
- Create highly engaging designs/illustrations for various media, Slide decks, video animation and digital media
- Work with Creatives and Producers to understand the project scope and objectives. Assist in the creation of storyboards.
- Prepare conceptual layouts for the motion graphic project or pitch.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
- Support the design and illustration team with photo editing, bespoke illustration and icon design.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in product design and popular music to deliver cutting-edge work.
Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills. Ability to navigate feedback and be proactive in any task set.
- Passionate about design and full of bright ideas, whilst being clued up on popular culture with awareness of what’s going on in fashion, music and design trends
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style.
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design.
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution.
- Comfortable working with digital media, with enthusiasm and drive to learn new skills.
- Manage time effectively, ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Detail-orientated individual, who reviews their work carefully - quality control is key.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Professional demeanour with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients.
- Good knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of Google Suite - Slides, Docs, Sheets
- Interest in After Effects is desirable.
To apply for this job, please contact:
- Entry level with a relevant design qualification. Previous experience in design internships is desirable.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a diversity of digital design skills